Season 7 — epiBLOG 1:
Happy New Year!
A new year is an opportunity for new beginnings. So… renew yourself. Renew your business.
Maybe the goals you set last year were not achieved. Maybe every goal you set was actually accomplished. Or maybe you fall somewhere in the middle with having reached some goals while others seemed to have escaped your grasp.
Whatever your situation, know that you can’t change anything about the past and you can’t control every variable that may happen in the future. You have right now to create magic in your career. So live in the right now while learning from the experiences of yesterday and planning for amazing opportunities for tomorrow.
Today’s topic is to renew yourself and your business through analysis.
If you haven’t taken the time to do this at the end of last year already, take the time now to look critically at what your business looked like in the past 12 months to enhance your success for the next 12.
Areas to consider:
- Goals you’ve set, plans you’ve created to reach them, and what actually worked so that you did reach them.
- What did you do consistently and what didn’t you do consistently, and how did that impact your business?
- Business relationships with clients and colleagues. How did you start them, nurture them, and maintain them?
- Financial goals. How much revenue was generated each quarter? What was your most profitable quarter and your least profitable quarter and why?
- What product or service do you offer that sells the most? The least?
- How has social media helped your business? What can you do with social media to help connect with people and to generate more business?
- Organization. Streamline and organize your business in a way that works for you. If this isn’t a strength of yours, ask for help from someone who is amazing at organizing.
Analyzing what has worked and what hasn’t will help you to determine what you need to move forward effectively. This analysis will help you to renew your business with both wisdom and confidence.
One of the things that I feel I need to do for my own business is to better organize paperwork and to streamline my contract and invoicing process. One way I plan to do this is to take advantage of resources that allow clients to sign contracts electronically and to use a platform that allows me to keep all of my clients organized in digital form. This will allow me to serve my clients with exceptional service because it will help me to run my business more efficiently.
Today’s LESSON is to analyze and regroup for success.
FUN ASSIGNMENT: Complete your analysis of your business in these following key areas: (1) Business Relationships/colleagues/clients/leads/retention, (2) Revenue, (3) Organization, (4) Goals, (5) Social Media, (6) Product/Service offerings, and any other area that you feel is important to you and your business.
Nitara Osbourne owns The Infinite Writer Agency, LLC, which provides content to producers, publishers, and sales people seeking help with developing their life stories into nonfiction books and movie scripts. Ghostwriting and editing services are provided for clients as well. If you’re an accomplished sales or business professional, and are looking to tell your story, contact Nitara Osbourne. InfiniteWriterAgency@gmail.com.
Enjoying the Blog?
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive our weekly blog.
Share this post with your friends!